The First Finished Project for 2012

I’ve finished the Moroccan Tiles table runner that I wrote about in my last post. I used my current favourite trick to decide how to quilt it: I took a picture of the completed top, printed out a few copies on plain paper in draft mode, and drew lines on them to represent quilting lines. The third try was the winner – I decided to use the quilting to emphasize the secondary pattern that had emerged when I joined the two table runners together.

quilted Moroccan Tiles table runner

I used a variegated thread in pale colours that matched the fabric. Here is a close-up of the quilting.

quilted table runner detail

I’m very pleased with how this turned out. It fits my coffee table just perfectly, and the colours work very well. Here is a picture of the table runner in place.

finished Moroccan Tiles table runner

It’s so nice to have completed this project, my first finished quilting project for 2012. I’ve already started on another table runner, so stay tuned.


2 thoughts on “The First Finished Project for 2012

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s